It’s understandable that selling your property is a major financial decision. So, although it might be tempting to list your home as a FSBO (For Sale By Owner) because it appears to be cost-effective, there are several reasons you might want to reconsider.
- More Money in Your Pocket – According to the National Association of Realtors (NAR), FSBOs sold for a median sale price of just $225,000 last year which is significantly lower than the median sale price of agent-assisted homes at $345,000. That’s a difference of $120,000!
- List your property on the MLS – The Mulitple Listings Service (MLS) is available to licensed real estate agents. There are an estimated 3 million active real estate agents in the U.S. By listing your property with a licensed agent, you are getting your property in front of other professionals who are actively searching for their clients.
- Knowledge of the Process – A real estate agent has experience in the home selling process. Without an agent, you are going to have to handle all of the market research, negotiation, paperwork, transaction coordination, showings and contingency deadlines (to name a few) on your own.
- Pricing Expertise – Pricing a home correctly is crucial to attracting buyers and achieving a successful transaction. A real estate agent can use their knowledge of the local market and their expertise in pricing strategies to help sellers price their home competitively.
- Marketing and Advertising – Your agent should offer value-added services such as: professional real estate photography, videography, Matterport services, paid social media advertising and more! DYK: People make a decision within the first 6 seconds.
- Negotiation Skills – Negotiating a home sale can be complex and challenging and a real estate agent has the skills and experience to navigate the negotiation process. Many times, the negotiation process can happen between multiple parties, so having an experienced person facilitate those conversations is beneficial to you.
By working with an agent, you are working with someone who has an established network of other agents. Their ability to collaborate and communicate will help encourage more people to visit your property! Consider the importance of working with an already connected group of professionals. By trying to do it all on your own, you could be missing key elements that will ultimately help sell your property.
Want to hear more about how Crist Real Estate Group is helping sellers, buyers and investors throughout Green, Lafayette, Iowa and Dane County? Visit our Facebook Review Page to read about what past clients had to say.